Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 This Is My Year! A Year Of Redemption.

     I been waiting for a long time to get through the difficulties of the last few years with the economic downturn, our church being challenged as a result, the loss of my mother, my aunt, my uncle, my only nephew, and then my father this past year. A lot has happened.  However, I love the Lord more than ever, I am watching with great anticipation things that the Lord has promised, and for the prophetic promise of redemption in 2012.  I Samuel 30:8 David inquired of the LORD, "Shall I pursue this raiding party? Will I overtake them?" "Pursue them," he answered. "You will certainly overtake them and succeed in the rescue."  

Background:

     Now that David had spared Saul's life a second time, he decided to move outside the country so that Saul would not follow him any more. He shifted to Gath, a Philistine territory. Here he stayed for 1 year and 4 months and had very good rapport with the Philistine king. Then one day the king decided to attack Israel and wanted David and his men to be on his side, but the other Philistine leaders did not want David to go, as they didn't trust David like their king did. They told the king David might just change sides in the middle of the battle and the Israelites would win, so the king sent David and his men back to Ziklag where they had bee given place to stay. 3 When David and his men came to Ziklag, they found it destroyed by fire and their wives and sons and daughters taken captive. 4 So David and his men wept aloud until they had no strength left to weep. "(1 Samuel 30:3-4). In the midst of all this " 6 David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the LORD his God. "(1 Samuel 30:6)




     David does not sit in this sorrow for long, "7 Then David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelech, "Bring me the ephod." Abiathar brought it to him, 8 and David inquired of the LORD, "Shall I pursue this raiding party? Will I overtake them?" "Pursue them," he answered. "You will certainly overtake them and succeed in the rescue." "(1 Samuel 30:7-8) We see David went to the One he knew as a Very Present Help in the times of trouble, and he got an answer for his situation and then David took action on whatever God had told him.

     After the last few years of lost, it's time to rise up and regain the ground that was lost, it's time to redeem what the enemy has tried to steal, and more importantly move ahead a gain the territory God has promised for the future.  That why 2012  Is My Year. I am not going to sit in this sorrow for long! I'm picking up my Ephod - an ephod is was an article of clothing, and a worship object, in ancient Israelite culture, and was closely connected with oracular practices, (In Classical Antiquity, an oracle was a person or agency considered to be a source of wise counsel or prophetic predictions orprecognition of the future, inspired by god) and I am moving forward in the prophetic elements that God has given me to accomplish.

This year I will finish:

My DMin Thesis and begin my Phd. work on Quakerism and the rise of the American Revolution.  I will continue to work to move our church forward in it's calling, mission and vision... getting it out of all debt.I will finish my new book "Relationship As A Sacred Trust" and update and republish "Foundation For Restoration."Prepare myself for the new social media means for the next "Great Awakening" to hit America.  It's coming!

I intend to recover it all because this is my year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

An American Obsession With Ukraine

 In 1992, a young man from Hillsong Church came and spent time with my wife, Andra and I on his way to join a team planting a church in Kiev...