Monday, November 29, 2010

Being Thankful


Yesterday Brian Cook preached a great message on Thankfulness in our church. Thanksgiving is an awesome time to stop and reflect on what we have to be thankful in our lives. First, I am very grateful to have my family. My wife, my girls, my Dad and his wife, Andra's family, and my very large extended family... especially my cousins. But I am also thankful for all the people I have as friends around the world. In Australia, New Zealand, England, France, Ukraine, South Africa, Japan, Canada, Finland and the list goes on. I am thankful for the friends I have here in the USA too. This particular Thanksgiving I had an awesome day with John and Robin Blanchard and their family, cooking and sharing our day together in Virginia Beach. Thank you guys for the awesome hospitality. I also am thankful that we had a great moment as a family to drive through the Christmas light display on Virginia Beach's boardwalk. It was great. Finally, I am thankful for having had a great nephew, Jake Vier, who was only with us up until this past Friday evening as he passed on from this life to the next. He was a joy to his Dad, his grandparents, and to us. I think one of the greatest things he left us was showing us how a kid can get through all the obstacles of life and not be bitter... to always look for thegood things in life. Being Thankful is the most important aspect of life we can hold. Thank God we all have the opportunity to go through life with the people God has placed with us whether for a long period or short time. In all things let's give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An American Obsession With Ukraine

 In 1992, a young man from Hillsong Church came and spent time with my wife, Andra and I on his way to join a team planting a church in Kiev...