Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Every problem is a new opportunity!


"Make it as hard on God as possible and as easy on yourself as possible!" - Herald Bredesen

Herald once said this to me and never explained it. Usually, when tough moments come along I am very hard on myself. I'm introspective, self-loathing, and always wondering what I did to myself to get myself in the latest problems I face. I, often tell my friends I don't need an accuser or devil because I am my own. You've heard the old saying, "When tough things happen, the tough get going." But, every problem gives us a unique opportunity to "let Christ become strong in our weakness."
I think that's why Herald said make it hard on God. If God has my problems in his hand then what do I have to worry about. Today's problems give God an opportunity to work in us, through us and around us. That makes it easy for us. So because we have relationship with God - he invites us not to worry about tommorow - that doesn't mean to simply sit back an leave problems unaddressed. It does mean that through Christ we can find solutions. We are called to be a part of his solution - not a part of the problem. So let's get out of the way!

1 comment:

  1. When Apostle Paul was faced with opposition, he saw the door of opportunity. 1 Corinthians 16:9

    ReplyDelete

An American Obsession With Ukraine

 In 1992, a young man from Hillsong Church came and spent time with my wife, Andra and I on his way to join a team planting a church in Kiev...